Mental health, as much as physical health, is essential for a happy, fulfilling, healthy, and productive life. It is well documented, however, that chronic and excessive stress can adversely affect our physical health and can lead to problems such as headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, and skin and stomach problems.
Chronic stress is also associated with emotional and psychological distress and can negatively affect our thinking, communication and relational abilities, learning capacities, emotional state, resilience and self-esteem and can even lead to depression and anxiety.
I am a clinical psychologist and I provide therapy and counseling services to individuals and couples dealing with emotional and psychological problems due to life’s stressors. Stress may result from:
- environmental factors such as
- stress in relationships
- stress in the workplace
- academic stress
- stress in family life
- untoward life events,
- immigration, migration, and other movements that cause transitioning to and living in culturally different environments,
- personal and emotional difficulties.
Counseling and psychotherapy can help you enhance your mental health.
As a trained professional I can help you:
- better understand the nature and causes of stress in your life
- adapt your coping style and stress response mechanism
- develop ways to relieve stress and address depression and anxiety
- improve your mental health so that negotiating life’s events can feel pleasurable
- improve your relationships
- develop adaptive and effective life skills so that dealing with negative events feels manageable, even if stressful
- make life choices that are consistent with your natural talents and goals so that you can feel fulfilled and experience harmony and rhythm in life
If you are looking for individual therapy, I can offer you insight and alternative perspectives and help you deepen your understanding and develop new and adaptive skills.
If you seek couples therapy, I can help you and your partner better understand yourselves and each other in order to change the patterns of relating that are causing distress. We will work together to help you make the relationship become more fulfilling. For an educational workshop for relationship enhancement and deepening see South Asian couples HMT flyer 2 with registration form
Psychotherapy is helpful to most people but different people use therapy in different ways.
To learn more about whether and how therapy can help you visit:
To learn more about the services I provide visit:
- Individual Pychotherapy for Adults and Adolescents
- Couples Therapy
- Consultations and Staff Trainings for Organizations
- Supervision for Mental Health Clinicians
Making an appointment is easy.
Call me at 732-319-9104 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.